Christopher Schroeder Nominated Assistant AG for OLC
President Joe Biden announced his intent to nominate Christopher H. Schroeder for Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Counsel at the Department of Justice. An ALI Member since 2018, Schroeder serves as Adviser to Principles for a Data Economy.
From the White House press release:
Christopher H. Schroeder is Charles S. Murphy Emeritus Professor of Law and Emeritus Professor of Public Policy Studies. From 1994-1997, Schroeder served as deputy and acting assistant attorney general in the Office of Legal Counsel at the Department of Justice. From 2010-2013, he served as assistant attorney general in the Office of Legal Policy. He has also served as Chief Counsel for the Senate Judiciary Committee, 1992-1993. His scholarship on constitutional law and separation of powers includes Keeping Faith with the Constitution, co-authored with Pamela Karlan and Goodwin Liu, as well as Presidential Power Stories, co-edited with Curtis Bradley.
Schroeder has also written on a broad range of topics in environmental law and policy, risk regulation, and tort theory, as well as on Congressional procedures and affairs. He is co-author of a leading environmental law casebook, Environmental Regulation: Law, Science and Policy (8th Edition, 2018), with Robert Percival, Alan Miller and James Leape.
Schroeder received his B.A. degree from Princeton University in 1968, a M. Div. from Yale University in 1971, and his J.D. degree from University of California, Berkeley in 1974, where he was editor-in-chief of the California Law Review. He and his wife, Katharine T. Bartlett, divide their time between Durham, N.C. and Belfast, Maine.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3