Willam Hubbard New Dean of UofSC School of Law
ALI Council member William C. Hubbard of Nelson Mullins Riley & Scarborough has been named the new dean of the University of South Carolina School of Law, effective Aug. 1.
Mr. Hubbard served as the president of the American Bar Association from 2014-2015, past president of both the American Bar Endowment and the American Bar Foundation, and currently serves as chair of the board of directors of The World Justice Project. A longtime supporter of the university, he has served as a member of its Board of Trustees since 1986 and as chair from 1996-2000. Hubbard received the Order of the Palmetto in 2002, the state’s highest civilian recognition awarded for service to the state of South Carolina.
“I am truly humbled to have the opportunity to work with the law school family, as well as our external stakeholders to bring additional support to the law school,” Mr. Hubbard said. “I am most excited to be able to work with our students to ensure they have the tools to continue to develop their advocacy skills, respect for the rule of law, and passion for justice. These students will be South Carolina’s leaders of tomorrow. I will do everything I can to help them reach their full potential as lawyers and citizens.”
Read more here.
- American Indian Law Restatement Reporter Matthew LM Fletcher of @MSULaw@ILPCTurtleTalk featured on @acslaw Foundin… https://t.co/mDtmrPA7KJ@AmLawInstSep 17
- Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar @CaSupremeCourt has been named the 10th president of @CarnegieEndow, effective November… https://t.co/h3DS2aUwVc@AmLawInstSep 17
- The summer edition of The ALI Reporter features a Q&A with ALI member Richard G. Feder, highlighting his career and… https://t.co/OYyCQOfBtl@AmLawInstSep 16
- . @UChicagoLaw will host ‘Non-Binding International Agreements: A Comparative Assessment’ on Sept. 23 with… https://t.co/GUDfxwa3gc@AmLawInstSep 15
- 'Requiring Majority Winners for Congressional Elections: Harnessing Federalism to Combat Extremism,' read more on t… https://t.co/Alpsvpu2n1@AmLawInstSep 14