Vicki L. Been to Receive the 2021 Brigham-Kanner Property Rights Prize
The William and Mary Law School Property Rights Project will award Vicki L. Been the 2021 Brigham-Kanner Property Rights Prize. Been will be honored during the 18th annual Brigham-Kanner Property Rights Conference, held on September 30-October 1.
“Professor Been joins our past prize recipients who have contributed so greatly to our understanding of the civil right of ownership in private property,” said Andrew Prince Brigham, managing partner and owner of the Brigham Property Rights Law Firm, PLLC, in Jacksonville, Florida, and a member of the Brigham-Kanner Conference Coordination Committee. “Her work with Bob Ellickson and others has made basic land use concepts accessible to law students. Her collaborative casebooks continue to help shape property law by instructing future practitioners.”
The Brigham-Kanner Property Rights Prize is named in honor of the lifetime contributions to property rights of Toby Prince Brigham, founding partner of Brigham Moore, LLP, and Gideon Kanner, professor of law emeritus at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles.
Been has served as New York City's Deputy Mayor for Housing and Economic Development since 2019. In her role, she oversees the work of over 20 agencies, including the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation. She served as the Commissioner of the Department of Housing Preservation and Development from 2014 to 2017.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3