Upcoming Symposium on Restatement of the Law, the Law of American Indians
On November 5 and 6, Wisconsin Law Review will gather the nation’s top experts, judges, practitioners, and tribal leaders to host its 2021 symposium on the Restatement of the Law, the Law of American Indians. Co-sponsored by The American Law Institute, the symposium seeks to provide a transparent and open forum for local, state, and national academics, practitioners, law professors and students, and non-legal parties to engage in an informative and substantive discussion of federal Indian law, its component practice areas, and the future impact of the Restatement on the American Indian law practice.
The event will include five sessions structured around the chapters of the Restatement including: (1) The federal-tribal relationship, (2) State powers and the Indian Gaming Regulatory Act, (3) tribal powers (4) tribal criminal law and jurisdiction, and (5) tribal country resources and economics.
Former Justice of the Cherokee Supreme Court, Stacy Leeds of Arizona State University Law School will deliver the Keynote address. The event will also feature presentations by Restatement Reporter and WLR Symposium Chair, Matthew L.M. Fletcher of MSU Law, and Associate Reporters Wenona T. Singel of MSU Law and Kaighn Smith Jr. of Drummond Woodsum LLP.
Registration is free and open to the public. CLE credits are available pending in Arizona, California, Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Maine, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Washington, and Wisconsin.
Learn more and register in-person or virtually for the event here.
- Samuel Bray @NDLaw has been appointed the John N. Matthews Professor of Law at Notre Dame Law School.… https://t.co/blKn8uqdMF@AmLawInstDec 2
- Jeffrey Bellin of @WMLawSchool has authored ‘Mass Incarceration Nation,’ a book discussing mass imprisonment and it… https://t.co/S9U5GkV81t@AmLawInstDec 1
- John C.P. Goldberg @Harvard_Law and Benjamin C. Zipursky @FordhamLawNYC are the recipients of the 2023 William L. P… https://t.co/IgGbm998dL@AmLawInstNov 30
- The latest edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/w5DQNe416Bhttps://t.co/3TdMJ0alGG@AmLawInstNov 28
- Stephen Lee Saltonstall has authored ‘Renegade for Justice, Defending the Defenseless in an Outlaw World,’ a memoir… https://t.co/UaCqVH4s67@AmLawInstNov 23