Texas Law Review Centennial Celebration
On March 26, The Texas Law Review (TLR) hosted its Centennial Year Banquet, bringing together TLR alumni from over 60 volumes.
The banquet included Legal Giants – TLR Heroes, a series honoring TLR alumni that have left significant impressions in the legal field. This year’s honorees included Diane P. Wood of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and deceased ALI members W. Page Keeton (Adviser to the Restatement of the Law Second, Torts), Stephen D. Susman (founder of the Texas Law Review Association), and Charles Alan Wright (ALI President 1993-2000).
Ward Farnsworth, dean of University of Texas School of Law, provided welcome remarks and Mark G. Yudof, former dean of Texas Law, was the keynote speaker. Hugh Rice Kelly of Texans for Lawsuit Reform gave a speech in recognition of TLR Volume 50, for which he served as editor in chief, and Gregg Costa of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and immediate past president of the Texas Law Review Association provided closing remarks.
Learn more about the centennial celebration on TLR’s website.
The below video celebrates Diane Wood’s professional journey and includes commentary from ALI Director Richard L. Revesz of NYU Law, David A. Strauss of University of Chicago Law School, and Amy J. St. Eve of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- Robert H. Mundheim @ShearmanLaw received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Arizona James E.… https://t.co/YkNyeG5DNC@AmLawInstJun 13
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30