Sitkoff Appointed to Chair ULC Drafting Committee
Robert H. Sitkoff of Harvard Law School has been appointed chair of the Uniform Law Commission’s (ULC) drafting committee for an Act on Conflict of Laws in Trusts and Estates.
Established in 1892, the ULC provides states with models for nonpartisan legislation that brings clarity and stability to critical areas of state statutory law. Among the commission’s many contributions are the Uniform Commercial Code, a joint venture with The American Law Institute, the Uniform Probate Code, and the Uniform Trust Code.
Professor Sitkoff will chair the ULC committee tasked with drafting a uniform law to address the problems of conflict of laws in trusts and estates. The committee is likely to address trusts, wills, will substitutes, intestacy, estate administration, fiduciary powers and duties, powers of appointments, powers of attorneys, jurisdictional claims, and statutes of limitations.
Professor Sitkoff is an expert in wills, trusts, estates, and fiduciary administration. He was elected to ALI in 2007 and was elected to the Council in 2012. He serves as an Adviser to Restatement of the Law, Charitable Nonprofit Organizations and Restatement of the Law Third, Conflict of Laws. Additionally, he serves as a Massachusetts Commissioner for the Uniform Law Commission.
Learn more here.
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21
- . @IntlWomenJudges received the 2023 Bolch Prize for the Rule of Law from @BolchJudicial. A number of ALI members sp… https://t.co/XSlJSOqsxR@AmLawInstMar 20
- Walter A. Effross @AUWCL has authored ‘Keeping Your Own Counsel,’ a book for law school students on how to navigate… https://t.co/gCOjjxg248@AmLawInstMar 17