Roberta Cooper Ramo to Receive the Pettijohn Award
The New Mexico Women’s Bar Association has chosen Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sperling as the 2023 recipient of the Henrietta Pettijohn Award.
This award was established by the New Mexico Women's Bar Association to honor an attorney, female or male, who has done an exemplary job of advancing the causes of women in the profession. The award is named after Henrietta Hume Pettijohn Buck, who became the first woman admitted to practice law in New Mexico in 1892.
Ramo has been an active member of ALI for more than 30 years. Elected to the Council in 1997, she served as First Vice President before being elected the first woman President of the Institute in 2008. She was honored with ALI’s Distinguished Service Award at the 2023 Annual Meeting.
Ramo will receive the award during the Henrietta Pettijohn Reception on September 22. Learn more here.
- Robert H. Mundheim @ShearmanLaw received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Arizona James E.… https://t.co/YkNyeG5DNC@AmLawInstJun 13
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30