NYU Law Honors Contributions of Stephen Schulhofer
NYU School of Law hosted “Progress and Challenges in Criminal Justice and National Security” on April 26, an event which featured a series of panels honoring the academic contributions of Stephen J. Schulhofer.
Professor Schulhofer is one of the nation's most distinguished scholars of criminal justice. He has written more than fifty scholarly articles and six books, including the leading casebook in the field and highly regarded, widely cited work on a wide range of criminal justice topics. He currently serves as a Reporter for Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault and Related Offenses.
The panels covered topics such as plea bargaining and sentencing, race and policing, sexual assault, surveillance and national security, and criminal justice reform.
Other ALI members at the event included:
Michelle J. Anderson – Brooklyn College
Rachel E. Barkow – NYU School of Law
Deborah W. Denno – Fordham University School of Law
Gerard E. Lynch – U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Anne M. Milgram – NYU School of Law
Jed S. Rakoff – U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
David Rudovsky - Kairys, Rudovsky, Messing, Feinberg & Lin
Geoffrey R. Stone – University of Chicago School of Law
Deborah Tuerkheimer – Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
Michael Vitiello – University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
Peter L. Zimroth – Arnold & Porter
View the full list of panels and panel participants here.
- Sudha Setty @WNEULaw has been elected to serve on the @ABAesq Legal Education Police Practices Consortium Advisory… https://t.co/A8PD9k3BJJ@AmLawInstNov 30
- ALI Director Richard L. Revesz tops the list of most cited tenured law faculty in the U.S. in the areas of administ… https://t.co/s7MxPBvNcQ@AmLawInstNov 24
- Last week marked the end of our fall project meeting season, with 8 Restatement and Principles project meetings and… https://t.co/kwI93vNC0a@AmLawInstNov 23
- ALI President David F. Levi has announced his retirement from director of @BolchJudicial at Duke Law School, effect… https://t.co/k8oAq4PggF@AmLawInstNov 23
- Most lawyers remember the Restatements of Contracts from law school but do not realize the depth of the body of wor… https://t.co/qVHM0edQPt@AmLawInstNov 22