NYU Law Honors Contributions of Stephen Schulhofer
NYU School of Law hosted “Progress and Challenges in Criminal Justice and National Security” on April 26, an event which featured a series of panels honoring the academic contributions of Stephen J. Schulhofer.
Professor Schulhofer is one of the nation's most distinguished scholars of criminal justice. He has written more than fifty scholarly articles and six books, including the leading casebook in the field and highly regarded, widely cited work on a wide range of criminal justice topics. He currently serves as a Reporter for Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault and Related Offenses.
The panels covered topics such as plea bargaining and sentencing, race and policing, sexual assault, surveillance and national security, and criminal justice reform.
Other ALI members at the event included:
Michelle J. Anderson – Brooklyn College
Rachel E. Barkow – NYU School of Law
Deborah W. Denno – Fordham University School of Law
Gerard E. Lynch – U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Anne M. Milgram – NYU School of Law
Jed S. Rakoff – U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
David Rudovsky - Kairys, Rudovsky, Messing, Feinberg & Lin
Geoffrey R. Stone – University of Chicago School of Law
Deborah Tuerkheimer – Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
Michael Vitiello – University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
Peter L. Zimroth – Arnold & Porter
View the full list of panels and panel participants here.
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26
- The Annual Meeting is adjourned. Thank you to our members for their unwavering dedication to the integrity of the I… https://t.co/MV4Usfluci@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI membership votes to approve Principles of the Law, Government Ethics, marking the completion of this project. T… https://t.co/8jlZCothJQ@AmLawInstMay 24