Our Better Web Initiative at UC Berkeley
The University of California Berkeley has launched its ‘Our Better Web’ initiative, aimed at advancing efforts to study and combat online harms as they relate to political disinformation as a threat to democracy.
Janet Napolitano of University of California Berkeley, Goldman School of Public Policy, and Erwin Chemerinsky of University of California, Berkeley School of Law are both members of the initiative’s leadership team.
“Our Better Web explores the online accountability challenges that our nation — and the world — face today,” said Napolitano in a press release. “UC Berkeley recognizes that the Internet has evolved to pose profound threats to the health of our communities — and to U.S. democracy. This initiative will focus its energy to address real-world challenges with real-world solutions.”
The initiative was launched on a small scale in April 2022 and is now releasing its first projects. This year, the initiative will focus on journalism training, executive education, and action-orientated research with the goal of stopping disinformation and deepfakes.
Learn more about the initiative on the Our Better Web website.
- Robert H. Mundheim @ShearmanLaw received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Arizona James E.… https://t.co/YkNyeG5DNC@AmLawInstJun 13
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30