O’Sullivan Nominated to Wash. District Court
As part of the sixteenth wave of judicial nominees, President Donald Trump nominated Kathleen M. O'Sullivan to serve on the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington.
Kathleen O’Sullivan is a partner and co-chair of the appellate practice at Perkins Coie in Seattle, where she represents clients in a wide range of complex litigation in trial and appellate courts across the country. Ms. O’Sullivan is the former Chair of the Washington Commission on Judicial Conduct. She has been active in the Washington State Bar Association and the Federal Bar Associations.
After receiving her law degree from Georgetown University Law Center in 1996, she was a law clerk for Judge Harold Greene on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, and Judge M. Margaret McKeown on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
In addition to serving on ALI’s Council, she is an Adviser on Restatement of the Law, Charitable Nonprofit Organizations and a member of the Members Consultative Group for Principles of the Law, Government Ethics. She also served as an MCG participant on Principles of the Law, Election Administration.
Ms. O’Sullivan was previously nominated by former President Barack Obama in 2016 to the U.S. District Court bench.
- Christopher Slobogin @VanderbiltLaw was recently interviewed on @lawfarepodcast to discuss his recently published b… https://t.co/ZrVpOLnSBe@AmLawInstFeb 3
- . @lsudeall will join the faculty of @vanderbiltlaw in summer 2023. https://t.co/a2Kd8V7VGAhttps://t.co/Bg3RvrCBAChttps://t.co/llTxEK8yOq@AmLawInstJan 30
- David Marcus @UCLA_Law and Lauren Sudeall @GeorgiaStateLaw have been selected as Associate Reporters for Principles… https://t.co/giHnHf5Odn@AmLawInstJan 27
- Robert B. Ahdieh @TAMULawSchool has been named Vice President for Professional Schools and Programs at @TAMU.… https://t.co/MUXFFYxdVV@AmLawInstJan 26
- Michael S. Ariens @StMarys_Law has authored ‘The Lawyer's Conscience, A History of American Lawyer Ethics,’ a book… https://t.co/lYmso9MbDj@AmLawInstJan 25