Omari Simmons Interview on the Simmons Memorial Foundation and New Book
Omari S. Simmons of Wake Forest University Law School was interviewed on WBOC 16 about his work as executive director of the Simmons Memorial Foundation (SMF), a nonprofit organization that aims to prepare “vulnerable students for college admission and nurture habits of mind that are essential for high achievement in diverse and complex learning communities.”
Professor Simmons also discussed his new book, Potential on the Periphery, which profiles the ways in which SMF “has helped students secure admission and succeed in college, using this example to contextualize the broader realm of existing education practice, academic theory, and public policy.”
The book uses data gleaned from interviews with past student participants to illuminate the underlying factors thwarting student achievement, while identifying policy solutions and pragmatic strategies that college access organizations can adopt to address them.
Watch the full interview here.
- . @rickhasen appeared on the @ConstitutionCtr podcast ‘We The People’ to discuss three election law cases and their… https://t.co/D8BCXEaRPB@AmLawInstJun 27
- . @michelebgoodwin gave the keynote speech at @ACLU_SoCal 2022 Advocates For Justice awards, which honors firms and… https://t.co/n7bn91aQBW@AmLawInstJun 22
- Speaker videos from the 2022 Annual Meeting are now available: https://t.co/BaPpLNzcOohttps://t.co/4v5XxJLv6g@AmLawInstJun 16
- Kermit Roosevelt III @pennlaw has authored ‘The Nation That Never Was, Reconstructing America’s Story,’ discussing… https://t.co/bIPyOHyOgc@AmLawInstJun 16
- . @POTUS has nominated Roopali H. Desai @CBLawyersAZ to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.… https://t.co/EKPaxD4JqH@AmLawInstJun 15