Norman Epstein Retires
Norman L. Epstein of the California Second District Court of Appeal retired this August, after 45 years of judicial service.
Justice Epstein is well known for his warm demeanor, dedication to public service and exceptional scholarship. His many honors include the UCLA Law Alumnus of the Year Award (1970), the Los Angeles County Bar Association Distinguished Trial Jurist Award (1987-88), the California Judges Association’s President’s Award (1988), the Friends of the Los Angeles County Law Library Beacon of Justice Award (2005), and the Judicial Council’s Jurist of the Year Award (2007).
The Appellate Courts Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association hosted a reception on Sept. 6 honoring Justice Epstein’s remarkable career and dedicated years of service to the law. Guest speakers included fellow ALI members Nora M. Manella of California’s Second District Court of Appeal, Division Four, and David P. Yaffe, Retired Judge of the Los Angeles Superior Court.
- The Robert E. Dalton Award @asilorg has been awarded to Sarah H. Cleveland @ColumbiaLaw and Paul B. Stephan @UVALaw… https://t.co/R0IuUNMWdp@AmLawInstMay 27
- . @POTUS has announced the nomination of ALI members Rachel S. Bloomekatz to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth… https://t.co/l4V15G0Rvw@AmLawInstMay 26
- The 2022 @SCHSociety Annual Lecture will feature Leondra Kruger of the California Supreme Court and Jeffrey S. Sutt… https://t.co/3yvYHPjMrt@AmLawInstMay 25
- #SCOTUS held a special session to honor the late Associate Justice John Paul Stevens with ALI members participating… https://t.co/It2KYhNd4U@AmLawInstMay 23
- Thomas W. Merrill @ColumbiaLaw has authored ‘The Chevron Doctrine: Its Rise and Fall, and the Future of the Adminis… https://t.co/RZoIgyLHO1@AmLawInstMay 20