Michael Kahn Appointed to Commission on Catastrophic Wildfire Cost and Recovery
Michael A. Kahn of Crowell & Moring has been appointed by Sacramento Governor Gavin Newsom to the Commission on Catastrophic Wildfire Cost and Recovery, one of the state’s energy policy, planning and utility oversight agencies.
Mr. Kahn has been of counsel at Crowell & Moring since 2009 and was senior counsel at Folger Levin and Kahn from 1979 to 2009. He served as Chair of the California Independent System Operator from 2001 to 2005, Chair of the California Electricity Oversight Board from 2000 to 2001, member of the California State Insurance Commissioner Task Force on Environmental Liability Insurance from 1993 to 1994, member of the California State Insurance Commissioner Task Force on Insurance Industry Practices in 1993, and Commissioner on the California State Senate Commission on Property Tax Equity and Revenue in 1990.
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21
- . @IntlWomenJudges received the 2023 Bolch Prize for the Rule of Law from @BolchJudicial. A number of ALI members sp… https://t.co/XSlJSOqsxR@AmLawInstMar 20
- Walter A. Effross @AUWCL has authored ‘Keeping Your Own Counsel,’ a book for law school students on how to navigate… https://t.co/gCOjjxg248@AmLawInstMar 17