Michael Kahn Appointed to Commission on Catastrophic Wildfire Cost and Recovery
Michael A. Kahn of Crowell & Moring has been appointed by Sacramento Governor Gavin Newsom to the Commission on Catastrophic Wildfire Cost and Recovery, one of the state’s energy policy, planning and utility oversight agencies.
Mr. Kahn has been of counsel at Crowell & Moring since 2009 and was senior counsel at Folger Levin and Kahn from 1979 to 2009. He served as Chair of the California Independent System Operator from 2001 to 2005, Chair of the California Electricity Oversight Board from 2000 to 2001, member of the California State Insurance Commissioner Task Force on Environmental Liability Insurance from 1993 to 1994, member of the California State Insurance Commissioner Task Force on Insurance Industry Practices in 1993, and Commissioner on the California State Senate Commission on Property Tax Equity and Revenue in 1990.
- The Robert E. Dalton Award @asilorg has been awarded to Sarah H. Cleveland @ColumbiaLaw and Paul B. Stephan @UVALaw… https://t.co/R0IuUNMWdp@AmLawInstMay 27
- . @POTUS has announced the nomination of ALI members Rachel S. Bloomekatz to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth… https://t.co/l4V15G0Rvw@AmLawInstMay 26
- The 2022 @SCHSociety Annual Lecture will feature Leondra Kruger of the California Supreme Court and Jeffrey S. Sutt… https://t.co/3yvYHPjMrt@AmLawInstMay 25
- #SCOTUS held a special session to honor the late Associate Justice John Paul Stevens with ALI members participating… https://t.co/It2KYhNd4U@AmLawInstMay 23
- Thomas W. Merrill @ColumbiaLaw has authored ‘The Chevron Doctrine: Its Rise and Fall, and the Future of the Adminis… https://t.co/RZoIgyLHO1@AmLawInstMay 20