Michael Kahn Appointed to Commission on Catastrophic Wildfire Cost and Recovery
Michael A. Kahn of Crowell & Moring has been appointed by Sacramento Governor Gavin Newsom to the Commission on Catastrophic Wildfire Cost and Recovery, one of the state’s energy policy, planning and utility oversight agencies.
Mr. Kahn has been of counsel at Crowell & Moring since 2009 and was senior counsel at Folger Levin and Kahn from 1979 to 2009. He served as Chair of the California Independent System Operator from 2001 to 2005, Chair of the California Electricity Oversight Board from 2000 to 2001, member of the California State Insurance Commissioner Task Force on Environmental Liability Insurance from 1993 to 1994, member of the California State Insurance Commissioner Task Force on Insurance Industry Practices in 1993, and Commissioner on the California State Senate Commission on Property Tax Equity and Revenue in 1990.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3