Mary J. Davis Appointed Dean of UK Rosenberg College of Law
Mary J. Davis has been appointed the full-time dean of the University of Kentucky J. David Rosenberg College of Law. She is the college’s first woman to serve in the role of permanent dean.
“When I received an offer to teach law at the University of Kentucky in 1991, I thought that I had won the lottery,” Davis said in the announcement. “I have been honored to serve this institution as a member of a faculty of first-rate scholars and educators and to teach the exceptional students who attend the UK Rosenberg College of Law. I am grateful for the opportunity to continue to serve this institution as its dean. I was excited in 1991 for the future, and I remain excited for what the future holds for the UK Rosenberg College of Law.”
Davis had been serving as interim dean of the college since July 1, 2019, and was appointed to full-time dean on January 1, 2021. She serves as an Adviser on the Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Intentional Torts to Persons project.
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16
- ALI Council member Ketanji Brown Jackson has been confirmed by the Senate to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C.… https://t.co/6zcuQyDffx@AmLawInstJun 15
- Anton Hajjar was confirmed by the Senate to serve on the Postal Board of Governors, marking a full complement of go… https://t.co/znWUH9ZMY9@AmLawInstJun 14
- Linda Sheryl Greene is @UMichLaw’s new dean and MSU Foundation Professor of Law. https://t.co/uNExhBZVfmhttps://t.co/Sak9BzqSxD@AmLawInstJun 11
- This week marked the close of #ALI2021 Annual Meeting. #TBT to “Completing an ALI Project: Lessons from Reporters”… https://t.co/cG6Da7LQqH@AmLawInstJun 10