Launching A New Report: "Civil Justice for All"
On Sept. 24, The American Academy of Arts and Sciences hosted a discussion of Civil Justice for All, a new report from the Academy’s "Making Justice Accessible" project. The report illuminates the civil justice gap and while recommending solutions in the form of programs, partnerships, innovations, and a significant shift in mindset that extends the duty and capacity to assist those with legal need beyond lawyers.
The event featured project Co-chairs Kenneth C. Frazier of Merck, John G. Levi of Sidley Austin, and Martha L. Minow of Harvard Law School, with David Rubenstein of The Carlyle Group serving as the moderator.
Register for the event here.
Making Justice Accessible: Designing Legal Services for the 21st Century, features a significant number of other ALI members including;
Tonya L. Brito, University of Wisconsin Law School
Matthew Diller, Fordham University School of Law
Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar, Supreme Court of California
Risa L. Goluboff, UVA School of Law
Nathan L. Hecht, Supreme Court of Texas
Benjamin W. Heineman Jr., Harvard Law School; Harvard Kennedy School
William C. Hubbard, University of South Carolina School of Law
David F. Levi, Duke Law School
Lance M. Liebman, Columbia Law School
Jonathan Lippman, Latham & Watkins
Margaret H. Marshall, Choate
Judy Perry Martinez, Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn
Harriet E. Miers, Locke Lord
Andrew M. Perlman, Suffolk University Law School
Paul L. Reiber, Vermont Supreme Court
Judith Resnik, Yale Law School
James J. Sandman, Legal Services Corporation
Diane P. Wood, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Video courtsey of The American Academy of Arts & Sciences.
- The American Law Institute announces Early Career Scholars: Leah Litman @UMichLaw and Crystal S. Yang @Harvard_Law.… https://t.co/5w6SC60lmr@AmLawInstMar 29
- The spring edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/qZuW19pXbxhttps://t.co/zIB1Nm4Y2W@AmLawInstMar 29
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21