Lady Justice Arden Joins UK Supreme Court
Lady Justice Mary Arden DBE has been appointed to the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom as of Oct. 1, 2018. Lady Justice Arden’s judicial career began in 1993 when she was appointed to the High Court of Justice of England and Wales as the first woman judge assigned to the Chancery Division. Alongside her judicial experience, she has written extensively on how the law keeps pace with social change. Her two-volume book Shaping Tomorrow's Law was published in 2015. Lady Justice Arden is one of three new appointments to the Court.
Lady Hale, President of the Supreme Court, welcomed the appointments saying, "I am delighted that the Supreme Court will be joined by three new Justices in the coming months, each of whom has led a distinguished judicial career. I congratulate Lady Justice Arden DBE, Lord Justice Kitchin and Lord Justice Sales on their appointments and am confident that they will each make a significant contribution to the work of the Court and the development of the law."
Read the full press release here.
- ALI Director Richard L. Revesz tops the list of most cited tenured law faculty in the U.S. in the areas of administ… https://t.co/s7MxPBvNcQ@AmLawInstNov 24
- Last week marked the end of our fall project meeting season, with 8 Restatement and Principles project meetings and… https://t.co/kwI93vNC0a@AmLawInstNov 23
- ALI President David F. Levi has announced his retirement from director of @BolchJudicial at Duke Law School, effect… https://t.co/k8oAq4PggF@AmLawInstNov 23
- Most lawyers remember the Restatements of Contracts from law school but do not realize the depth of the body of wor… https://t.co/qVHM0edQPt@AmLawInstNov 22
- Today's project meeting on Restatement Third of Conflict of Laws is underway. W/ Reporter Kermit Roosevelt @PennLaw… https://t.co/mzGK4rkrUt@AmLawInstNov 19