Ken Gallant Presides at Meetings to Form ICCBA
On June 30 and July 1, 2016, Professor Kenneth S. Gallant of the Univeristy of Arkansas, Little Rock presided at meetings of lawyers at the International Criminal Court in The Hague, Netherlands, which created a Bar Association for the International Criminal Court.
The first meeting adopted a Constitution for the new International Criminal Court Bar Association (ICCBA). The second was the initial General Assembly of the ICCBA, which elected Officers and Committee Members for the new Association. For each meeting, electronic voting allowed lawyers on the List of Counsel for the International Criminal Court and on the List of Assistants to Counsel to vote from anywhere in the world.
Professor Gallant had previously been a member of the Drafting Committee to prepare the draft Constitution and was a member of the Interim Board of the ICCBA—a position that concluded with the election of officers at the first General Assembly. This work grew out of a presentation that Professor Gallant and other lawyers from a number of countries made on Organizing a Bar or Bar Association for the International Criminal Court, at the Experts’ Conference on Organization of Counsel, sponsored by the Registry of the International Criminal Court, The Hague, Netherlands, March 24-25, 2015.
Professor Gallant is also a member of the Executive Committee of the International Criminal Bar, an independent organization of lawyers and Bars from around the world which has advocated for projects like the ICCBA to support and improve representation of accused persons and victims at the ICC.
- Robert H. Mundheim @ShearmanLaw received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Arizona James E.… https://t.co/YkNyeG5DNC@AmLawInstJun 13
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30