The Karsh Institute of Democracy
The Karsh Institute of Democracy at the University of Virginia has announced its inaugural advisory board. The institute is nonpartisan, focusing on participation and civil debate on national issues, supporting discussion of the underpinnings of democracy, and engagement in public outreach.
The advisory board is led by Risa Goluboff of UVA Law. ALI members also on the advisory board are Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, John Calvin Jeffries Jr. of UVA Law, and Anthony M. Kennedy, formerly of the U.S. Supreme Court.
Learn more about the institute and advisory board here.
- The Robert E. Dalton Award @asilorg has been awarded to Sarah H. Cleveland @ColumbiaLaw and Paul B. Stephan @UVALaw… https://t.co/R0IuUNMWdp@AmLawInstMay 27
- . @POTUS has announced the nomination of ALI members Rachel S. Bloomekatz to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth… https://t.co/l4V15G0Rvw@AmLawInstMay 26
- The 2022 @SCHSociety Annual Lecture will feature Leondra Kruger of the California Supreme Court and Jeffrey S. Sutt… https://t.co/3yvYHPjMrt@AmLawInstMay 25
- #SCOTUS held a special session to honor the late Associate Justice John Paul Stevens with ALI members participating… https://t.co/It2KYhNd4U@AmLawInstMay 23
- Thomas W. Merrill @ColumbiaLaw has authored ‘The Chevron Doctrine: Its Rise and Fall, and the Future of the Adminis… https://t.co/RZoIgyLHO1@AmLawInstMay 20