John Roberts and Free Speech: A Report on the Roberts Court’s First Amendment Jurisprudence
On Oct. 12, the CATO Institute held a forum on “John Roberts: Mr. First Amendment,” the first comprehensive report on Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts Jr.. In addition to its in-depth look at Chief Justice Roberts, the study provides a detailed look at the cases, the justices’ differing approaches, and lawyers who have played key roles in influencing the Court.
The event featured study authors Ronald Collins of University of Washington School of Law (Retired) and David L. Hudson Jr. of Belmont University College of Law, in conversation with ALI member Lyrissa Lidsky of the University of Missouri School of Law, Robert Corn‐Revere of Davis Wright Tremain, and Ilya Shapiro of the CATO Institute.
Learn more here and watch the full video below.
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26
- The Annual Meeting is adjourned. Thank you to our members for their unwavering dedication to the integrity of the I… https://t.co/MV4Usfluci@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI membership votes to approve Principles of the Law, Government Ethics, marking the completion of this project. T… https://t.co/8jlZCothJQ@AmLawInstMay 24