Jeffery Sutton Delives Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitor Lecture
On Oct. 15, 2020 Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit delivered the talk “Fifty-One Imperfect Solutions: States and the Making of American Constitutional Law." Judge Sutton is this year’s Lloyd Cutler Distinguished Visitor at the American Academy in Berlin.
In his talk, Judge Sutton examined how U.S. state constitutional law has affected both state and federal law and how it has undermined the balance between state and federal courts in protecting individual liberties while also offering ideas for reform.
Learn more here.
- ALI Director Richard L. Revesz tops the list of most cited tenured law faculty in the U.S. in the areas of administ… https://t.co/s7MxPBvNcQ@AmLawInstNov 24
- Last week marked the end of our fall project meeting season, with 8 Restatement and Principles project meetings and… https://t.co/kwI93vNC0a@AmLawInstNov 23
- ALI President David F. Levi has announced his retirement from director of @BolchJudicial at Duke Law School, effect… https://t.co/k8oAq4PggF@AmLawInstNov 23
- Most lawyers remember the Restatements of Contracts from law school but do not realize the depth of the body of wor… https://t.co/qVHM0edQPt@AmLawInstNov 22
- Today's project meeting on Restatement Third of Conflict of Laws is underway. W/ Reporter Kermit Roosevelt @PennLaw… https://t.co/mzGK4rkrUt@AmLawInstNov 19