Gillian Lester Delivers David B. Goodman Lecture
Dean Lester pictured with Professor Brian Langille (left) and University of Toronto Faculty of Law Dean Edward Iacobucci.
Gillian L. Lester, dean of Columbia Law School, delivered the 2019-20 Annual David B. Goodman Lecture at The University of Toronto Faculty of Law on Jan. 9. Her talk was on “The Evolving Role of the University in Civil Society.”
The D.B. Goodman Fellowship was established in memory of the late David B. Goodman, Q.C. of Toronto by members of his family, friends and professional associates with the intention of bringing to the law school, on an annual basis, a distinguished member of the practicing bar or bench for a few days of teaching and informal discussions with the student body and faculty.
Read more here.
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26
- The Annual Meeting is adjourned. Thank you to our members for their unwavering dedication to the integrity of the I… https://t.co/MV4Usfluci@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI membership votes to approve Principles of the Law, Government Ethics, marking the completion of this project. T… https://t.co/8jlZCothJQ@AmLawInstMay 24
- The last project session of this year’s Annual Meeting is Principles of the Law, Government Ethics w/ Reporters Ric… https://t.co/UwM3bcXrB3@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI President Emeritus Roberta Cooper Ramo shares her concern of the removal of compassion in legal representation… https://t.co/wpKxLGpTv8@AmLawInstMay 24