Gerard Lynch Receives Learned Hand Medal
Judge Lynch with Vilia B. Hayes, President of the Federal Bar Council and a partner at Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
ALI member Gerard E. Lynch of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has been awarded the Federal Bar Council’s Learned Hand Medal for Excellence in Federal Jurisprudence. The award was presented at the Council’s Annual Law Day Dinner, held on May 3rd in New York City.
Previous honorees include several U.S. Supreme Court Justices, as well as ALI members José A. Cabranes, Lewis A. Kaplan, Robert A. Katzmann, Amalya L. Kearse, Pierre N. Leval, Michael B. Mukasey, Jon O. Newman, Barrington D. Parker Jr., Richard A. Posner, John M. Walker, Jr., and Jack B. Weinstein.
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21
- . @IntlWomenJudges received the 2023 Bolch Prize for the Rule of Law from @BolchJudicial. A number of ALI members sp… https://t.co/XSlJSOqsxR@AmLawInstMar 20
- Walter A. Effross @AUWCL has authored ‘Keeping Your Own Counsel,’ a book for law school students on how to navigate… https://t.co/gCOjjxg248@AmLawInstMar 17