Elizabeth Stong Receives ABF Fellows Outstanding State Chair Award
Elizabeth S. Stong of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York is the recipient of the 2020 Outstanding State Chair Award from the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation. Judge Stong was presented with the award (along with co-recipient Kenneth G. Standard) at the 64th Annual Fellows Awards Reception and Banquet in February.
The Outstanding State Chair Award is given annually to a Fellows State Chair of the American Bar Foundation (ABF) who has demonstrated dedication to the work of the ABF and the mission of the Fellows through exceptional efforts on behalf of the Fellows at the state level.
Judge Stong is a U.S. Bankruptcy Judge for the Eastern District of New York. Previously, she was a partner at Willkie Farr & Gallagher, an associate at Cravath, Swaine & Moore, and law clerk to U. S. District Judge David Mazzone. Her past positions include President of the Harvard Law School Association, Chair of the NCBJ International Judicial Relations Committee, and Chair of the New York City Bar ADR Committee. She also served on the ABA’s Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Service, Standing Committee on the American Judicial System, Standing Committee on Continuing Legal Education, Commission on Women in the Profession, and Commission on Homelessness and Poverty.
She has trained judges in more than 25 countries on five continents, including Central Europe, North, Central and West Africa, Central Asia, and the Middle East.
Read more here.
- The Robert E. Dalton Award @asilorg has been awarded to Sarah H. Cleveland @ColumbiaLaw and Paul B. Stephan @UVALaw… https://t.co/R0IuUNMWdp@AmLawInstMay 27
- . @POTUS has announced the nomination of ALI members Rachel S. Bloomekatz to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth… https://t.co/l4V15G0Rvw@AmLawInstMay 26
- The 2022 @SCHSociety Annual Lecture will feature Leondra Kruger of the California Supreme Court and Jeffrey S. Sutt… https://t.co/3yvYHPjMrt@AmLawInstMay 25
- #SCOTUS held a special session to honor the late Associate Justice John Paul Stevens with ALI members participating… https://t.co/It2KYhNd4U@AmLawInstMay 23
- Thomas W. Merrill @ColumbiaLaw has authored ‘The Chevron Doctrine: Its Rise and Fall, and the Future of the Adminis… https://t.co/RZoIgyLHO1@AmLawInstMay 20