Confronting COVID-19: Call with Janet Napolitano
On April 10, Janet Napolitano participated in a discussion on the evolving COVID-19 pandemic. The conference call, hosted by the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR), addressed issues including U.S. preparedness and response as the virus spreads, updates on vaccine development and treatment options, and the implications for national security.
Janet Napolitano has been President of the University of California since September 2013. She leads a university system with ten campuses, five medical centers, three affiliated national laboratories, and a statewide agriculture and natural resources program.
Prior to joining the University of California, President Napolitano served as U.S. secretary of homeland security from 2009 to 2013. Previously, she was governor of Arizona for two terms, attorney general of Arizona, and U.S. attorney for the district of Arizona.
An audio recording of the call is availble here.
- . @UVALaw Karsh Institute announced its inaugural advisory board, led by dean @RisaGoluboff. ALI members on the advi… https://t.co/UQ7MYmBKW6@AmLawInstJan 18
- Paul L. Friedman @DC_Courts will receive the Edwin F. Jaeckle Award, given to an individual who exemplifies the hig… https://t.co/3NwZqqNf90@AmLawInstJan 14
- Brian T. Fitzpatrick @vanderbiltlaw is a 2022 recipient of the Civil Justice Scholarship Award from the Pound Civil… https://t.co/wDeXj45mU9@AmLawInstJan 12
- Restatement of the Law Fourth, The Foreign Relations Law of the United States — Treaties, Jurisdiction, and Soverei… https://t.co/JkGQYnojWr@AmLawInstJan 11
- Deborah Tuerkheimer @NorthwesternLaw has authored ‘Credible, Why We Doubt Accusers and Protect Abusers,’ examining… https://t.co/uI3rhHM3w3@AmLawInstJan 11