Christine Durham Named 2019 Robert J. Kutak Award Recipient
Retired Justice of the Utah Supreme Court Christine M. Durham has been named the recipient of the ABA’s 2019 Robert J. Kutak Award.The award “is presented annually to honor an individual who has made significant contributions to the collaboration of the legal academy, the bench, and the bar.” Justice Durham was presented with the award at a reception on August 23.
Jeffrey Lewis of Saint Louis University School of Law and ABA Vice Chair of the Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar said upon her nomination,
“The Honorable Christine Durham has a record of unparalleled and distinguished service to the legal profession and the public which it services. She served for thirty-five years as a justice of the Supreme Court of Utah, including ten years as Chief Justice and a term as President of the Conference of Chief Justices. She served as Chair of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar. She is an exemplar of Robert J. Kutak's vision of one deserving of this award which carries his name.”
Learn more about the award here.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3