Chris Odinet on Fintech and Nonbank Mortgage Servicers
A Morning Consult article details the developments in the housing market over the past year that have enabled nonbank and fintech mortgage companies, financial institutions that offer bank related lending services, to grow their market share. The end of forbearance protections, however, presents a challenge for these institutions.
“Some of these servicers are not prepared and haven’t been prepared financially for the wave of loan modification requests that are going to be inevitable at the end of the foreclosure moratorium,” said Christopher K. Odinet of the University of Iowa College of Law.
Odinet specializes in commercial/consumer finance and real estate with an emphasis on mortgage lending and financial regulation.
- American Indian Law Restatement Reporter Matthew LM Fletcher of @MSULaw@ILPCTurtleTalk featured on @acslaw Foundin… https://t.co/mDtmrPA7KJ@AmLawInstSep 17
- Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar @CaSupremeCourt has been named the 10th president of @CarnegieEndow, effective November… https://t.co/h3DS2aUwVc@AmLawInstSep 17
- The summer edition of The ALI Reporter features a Q&A with ALI member Richard G. Feder, highlighting his career and… https://t.co/OYyCQOfBtl@AmLawInstSep 16
- . @UChicagoLaw will host ‘Non-Binding International Agreements: A Comparative Assessment’ on Sept. 23 with… https://t.co/GUDfxwa3gc@AmLawInstSep 15
- 'Requiring Majority Winners for Congressional Elections: Harnessing Federalism to Combat Extremism,' read more on t… https://t.co/Alpsvpu2n1@AmLawInstSep 14