Chris Hoofnagle Announced as Next Faculty Director of CLTC
Chris Jay Hoofnagle of UC Berkeley Law is the next Faculty Director of the Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity (CLTC) at UC Berkeley. Launched in 2015, the CLTC is designed to help individuals and organizations assess present day cybersecurity challenges and prepare for needs of the future.
“This is an exciting moment,” Hoofnagle said in the announcement. “The public policy problems that CLTC works on are deeply important. As our lives are increasingly mediated by digital technologies, whether those technologies are secure will determine the quality of our freedom of speech, freedom of association, and the degree that we can have intimacy. It’s not just national security and whether or not there’s money in the bank. The fabric of our society could be torn or strengthened by these technologies. It’s a tremendous, important challenge.”
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26
- The Annual Meeting is adjourned. Thank you to our members for their unwavering dedication to the integrity of the I… https://t.co/MV4Usfluci@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI membership votes to approve Principles of the Law, Government Ethics, marking the completion of this project. T… https://t.co/8jlZCothJQ@AmLawInstMay 24
- The last project session of this year’s Annual Meeting is Principles of the Law, Government Ethics w/ Reporters Ric… https://t.co/UwM3bcXrB3@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI President Emeritus Roberta Cooper Ramo shares her concern of the removal of compassion in legal representation… https://t.co/wpKxLGpTv8@AmLawInstMay 24