Chris Hoofnagle Announced as Next Faculty Director of CLTC
Chris Jay Hoofnagle of UC Berkeley Law is the next Faculty Director of the Center for Long-Term Cybersecurity (CLTC) at UC Berkeley. Launched in 2015, the CLTC is designed to help individuals and organizations assess present day cybersecurity challenges and prepare for needs of the future.
“This is an exciting moment,” Hoofnagle said in the announcement. “The public policy problems that CLTC works on are deeply important. As our lives are increasingly mediated by digital technologies, whether those technologies are secure will determine the quality of our freedom of speech, freedom of association, and the degree that we can have intimacy. It’s not just national security and whether or not there’s money in the bank. The fabric of our society could be torn or strengthened by these technologies. It’s a tremendous, important challenge.”
- ALI Director Richard L. Revesz tops the list of most cited tenured law faculty in the U.S. in the areas of administ… https://t.co/s7MxPBvNcQ@AmLawInstNov 24
- Last week marked the end of our fall project meeting season, with 8 Restatement and Principles project meetings and… https://t.co/kwI93vNC0a@AmLawInstNov 23
- ALI President David F. Levi has announced his retirement from director of @BolchJudicial at Duke Law School, effect… https://t.co/k8oAq4PggF@AmLawInstNov 23
- Most lawyers remember the Restatements of Contracts from law school but do not realize the depth of the body of wor… https://t.co/qVHM0edQPt@AmLawInstNov 22
- Today's project meeting on Restatement Third of Conflict of Laws is underway. W/ Reporter Kermit Roosevelt @PennLaw… https://t.co/mzGK4rkrUt@AmLawInstNov 19