‘Chasing Justice: Florida Justice Association 1950-2000’
Larry S. Stewart of Stewart Tilghman Fox Bianchi & Cain has authored Chasing Justice: Florida Justice Association 1950-2000. The book details the first 50 years of the Florida Justice Association (FJA), describing the organization’s development into the modern-day institution.
Chasing Justice will be released in March 2022. More information is available on FJA’s website. Reviews of the book are below.
“In chronicling the first fifty years of the Florida Justice Association, Larry Stewart provides a fascinating history of the rise of plaintiff lawyers in Florida and their unwavering commitment to vindicating the individual rights of citizens throughout the state. Everyone interested in the evolution of tort law in Florida, and fights over judicial independence and so-called tort reform throughout the nation, should read this book.” Laura Ann Rosenbury of University of Florida Levin College of Law
“In a meticulously Researched book, my friend, Larry Stewart, recounts the events and characters of the first 50 years of the Florida Justice Association. He was present for much of it which adds richness to the narrative. This book makes it clear that without resolute and constant efforts, the right to seek redress for harms would be lost.” Roxanne Conlin of Roxanne Conlin and Associates
- The Robert E. Dalton Award @asilorg has been awarded to Sarah H. Cleveland @ColumbiaLaw and Paul B. Stephan @UVALaw… https://t.co/R0IuUNMWdp@AmLawInstMay 27
- . @POTUS has announced the nomination of ALI members Rachel S. Bloomekatz to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth… https://t.co/l4V15G0Rvw@AmLawInstMay 26
- The 2022 @SCHSociety Annual Lecture will feature Leondra Kruger of the California Supreme Court and Jeffrey S. Sutt… https://t.co/3yvYHPjMrt@AmLawInstMay 25
- #SCOTUS held a special session to honor the late Associate Justice John Paul Stevens with ALI members participating… https://t.co/It2KYhNd4U@AmLawInstMay 23
- Thomas W. Merrill @ColumbiaLaw has authored ‘The Chevron Doctrine: Its Rise and Fall, and the Future of the Adminis… https://t.co/RZoIgyLHO1@AmLawInstMay 20