Big Law, Civil Rights and Law Professors: Meet Merrick Garland's DOJ
As key positions start to fill in the Department of Justice, The National Law Journal takes a look into key nominees and new hires in Attorney General Garland’s DOJ, which includes ALI members Pamela Karlan, Lisa Monaco, and Elizabeth Prelogar.
From the article:
“With Garland expected to head the agency after a period of momentous scrutiny, a core leadership team has taken hold around him to implement his priorities. White-collar lawyers expect an increased focus on prosecuting fraud, bribery and other corporate misconduct, and they have been fielding inquiries from corporate clients about how to best prepare for that focus. The Garland DOJ is also expected to put a strong focus on the broad protection of civil rights.”
Read the full article here [subscription required].
- ALI member Richard Bonnie reflects on his time as a capital litigator in the state of Virginia… https://t.co/vAEO0uldOn@AmLawInstApr 16
- Christopher M. Newman @georgemasonlaw explains addressing bailment law in Restatement of the Law Fourth, Property,… https://t.co/CYa66j8Cgr@AmLawInstApr 15
- President Biden has announced his intent to nominate ALI member Christopher Schroeder for Assistant Attorney Genera… https://t.co/JDpSucT1zq@AmLawInstApr 15
- President Biden has announced his intent to nominate ALI member Anne Milgram for Administrator of the Drug Enforcem… https://t.co/r3dAE62EOI@AmLawInstApr 14
- Henry E. Smith and John C.P. Goldberg @Harvard_Law discuss the connection property torts has to both Restatements o… https://t.co/7rqHgpADZl@AmLawInstApr 12