Anton Hajjar Nominated to USPS Governing Board
On Feb. 24, President Biden announced three nominees to fill a number of vacancies on the United States Postal Service Board of Governors. ALI Council member Anton G. Hajjar, former general counsel of the American Postal Workers Union, is among the nominees.
Elected to the ALI in May 2002, Mr. Hajjar was elected to the Council in May 2010. He is a member of its Audit Committee. He was an Adviser to the now completed Restatement of the Law Third, Employment Law, and is an Adviser to the joint project with the European Law Institute to Principles for a Data Economy. He has been a frequent presenter on employment and labor law topics, and he has been an advisor and pro bono attorney in numerous employment discrimination cases, including those of Arab- and Muslin-Americans following the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, and continues with those activities to date.
Learn more here [subscription required].
- The Principles for a Data Economy Conference begins tomorrow. Learn more and register here: https://t.co/gERaT0KCa5https://t.co/VH2nCKSk65@AmLawInstOct 17
- Matthew L.M. Fletcher and Wenona Singel discuss the history of tribal sovereignty and the rights of American Indian… https://t.co/PVgHbWfoXc@AmLawInstOct 16
- Carolyn B. Lamm @WhiteCase will present the 2021 Annual International Commercial Arbitration Lecture hosted by… https://t.co/WvfaXWwraF@AmLawInstOct 15
- A new Washington State law will require juveniles being questioned in connection to a crime confer with an attorney… https://t.co/dkThyUvyD2@AmLawInstOct 15
- ALI has elected 24 new members who will join the Institute in its mission to clarify the law through Restatements,… https://t.co/jzlFNZuipJ@AmLawInstOct 15