Anton Hajjar Confirmed to Postal Board of Governors
Anton Hajjar, the former general counssel of the American Postal Workers union, AFL-CIO, was confirmed by the U.S. Senate to serve on the U.S. Postal Service Board of Governors. For the first time in more than a decade, the Postal Board of Governors now has a full complement of governors.
“Our campaign to get new members on the Postal Board of Governors was about making sure those at the highest levels of postal leadership will work to secure a vibrant Postal Service for years to come,” said President Mark Dimondstein, “Thanks to our collective efforts, these three people who understand the importance of investing in good jobs, postal infrastructure and guaranteeing efficient service will now join the Board.”
Read the full American Postal Worker Union’s announcement here.
Elected to the ALI in 2002, Hajjar was elected to the ALI Council in 2010. He served as an Adviser for Restatement of the Law Third, Employment Law, and for the joint project with the European Law Institute to Principles for a Data Economy. He has been a frequent presenter on employment and labor law topics, and he has been an advisor and pro bono attorney in numerous employment discrimination cases, including those of Arab- and Muslin-Americans following the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, and continues with those activities to date.
- ALI member Chris Hoofnagle @Hoofnagle will be the next Faculty Director of @CLTC. https://t.co/OcJ02N92Iu… https://t.co/imtWJQyogw@AmLawInstOct 25
- Non-fungible tokens—or NFTs, as they are better known—have taken the world by storm. ALI members Juliet M. Moringie… https://t.co/6bCDQUfQ8N@AmLawInstOct 23
- . @UCLA_Law has established the ‘Program on Philanthropy and Nonprofits,’ with Reporter for Restatement of the Law,… https://t.co/UOGp01sbHL@AmLawInstOct 22
- Sharon Stern Gerstman of Magavern Magavern Grimm has been appointed to the New York State Joint Commission on Publi… https://t.co/t6q3tNc6TC@AmLawInstOct 21
- #TBT Torts was one of the first Restatements completed by ALI. Until now, medical malpractice has never been includ… https://t.co/HTpbxyB8dK@AmLawInstOct 21