Angela Onwuachi-Willig Named Inaugural Ryan Roth Gallo and Ernest J. Gallo Professor
Angela Onwuachi-Willig, Dean and Professor of Law at Boston University School of Law, has been named the inaugural Ryan Roth Gallo and Ernest J. Gallo Professor.
Endowed by Ryan Roth Gallo, vice chair of BU’s Board of Trustees, and her husband, Ernest J. Gallo, the professorship is not only the first one at BU School of Law to support a faculty member whose research focuses on critical race theory (CRT), the study of systemic racism and its effects, with a preferred focus on the intersection of race and gender, it is the first professorship in CRT in the country.
Dean Onwuachi-Willig is a renowned scholar in critical race theory and an expert in racial and gender inequality, as well as antidiscrimination law. Before coming to BU School of Law she served as Chancellor’s Professor of Law at the University of California, Berkeley School of Law; the Charles and Marion Kierscht Professor of Law at the University of Iowa College of Law; and Acting (Assistant) Professor of Law at the University of California, Davis School of Law.
Learn more here.
- M. Margaret McKeown @US9thCircuit received the 2022 @InnsOfCourt Professionalism Award for the Ninth Circuit. The a… https://t.co/mrJerSUIhf@AmLawInstAug 12
- Anita L. Allen @pennlaw and Matthew L.M. Fletcher @UMichLaw have been elected to @AmPhilSociety.… https://t.co/jGIDsNAwCe@AmLawInstAug 11
- . @uarizonalaw has created the Robert H. Mundheim Professorship of Law and Business, an endowed professorship to hon… https://t.co/ngP2XZI1B0@AmLawInstAug 10
- Palmer Gene Vance II @skofirm is chair of @ABAhod, the policymaking body of the American Bar Association. He will s… https://t.co/gZGBnyfULs@AmLawInstAug 9
- Paul B. Stephan @pbstephan3 was interviewed for an article in @rollcall where he discussed the constitutionality ar… https://t.co/AEFwGGKWrP@AmLawInstAug 5