Ruth Mason Awarded Max Planck Fellowship
The Max Planck Society has awarded Ruth Mason of UVA School of Law the Max Planck Law Fellowship. Mason will work at Max Planck’s Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance and its Institute for Social Law and Social Policy, both located in Munich, Germany.
“The Max Planck Society is one of the most important research institutions in the world, so this is a great honor,”said Mason in the announcement.“The Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance has been on my radar for as long as I’ve been a tax professor, and I’ve visited the institute many times to give talks and to attend conferences. But this fellowship represents a special opportunity for deep collaboration with other scholars and to mentor the brightest up-and-coming doctoral and postdoctoral students.”
Founded in 1948, the Max Planck Society conducts research in natural and life sciences and the humanities. Election as a law fellow is the highest honor that organization awards to scholars working outside of the society. Elected fellows head a fully funded joint research project. Mason will spend half a year in residence at each institute researching the role of interstate solidarity in federations.
- Robert H. Mundheim @ShearmanLaw received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Arizona James E.… https://t.co/YkNyeG5DNC@AmLawInstJun 13
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30