National First Amendment Summit
The National Constitution Center, as part of its ‘America’s Town Hall’ series, is hosting a National First Amendment Summit that will discuss threats to freedom of expression and celebrate the Center’s new First Amendment gallery.
The event will first examine the origins of the First Amendment and its role on democracy and the government and then explore current controversies in the courts.
The following ALI members will participate in the panels:
- Floyd Abrams of Cahill Gordon & Reindel
- Jeannie Suk Gersen of Harvard Law School
- Lyrissa Barnett Lidsky of University of Florida, Levin College of Law
- Jeffrey Rosen of the National Constitution Center
The summit will take place on September 13. Learn more and register here.
- Robert H. Mundheim @ShearmanLaw received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Arizona James E.… https://t.co/YkNyeG5DNC@AmLawInstJun 13
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30