In Memoriam: Peter Henning
Peter J. Henning of Wayne State University Law School has died. He was 65.
Henning joined the faculty of WSU Law School in 1994, teaching courses on white collar crime, criminal law, and criminal procedure.
Professor Henning joined the Wayne Law family as a faculty member in 1994 and was an inspirational mentor, teacher, and friend. He helped train generations of lawyers, and the entire legal community suffers a loss with his passing.
He was a beloved and brilliant legal scholar, teaching and writing about corporations, white-collar crime, and criminal law. Before taking on the title of professor at Wayne Law, he had a notable career as a federal prosecutor. He worked as a senior attorney in the Division of Enforcement at the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission and later moved to the Criminal Division of the U.S. Department of Justice, where he worked in the Fraud Section on the investigation and prosecution of bank fraud.
Over the last 28 years, Professor Henning made an impact on students and colleagues near and far that will last a lifetime. He will be remembered as wise, curious, enthusiastic, and fair. Wherever one went, it seemed there was someone who knew, and loved, Peter. He was tirelessly and joyfully devoted to his profession, and we will miss him greatly.
- . @rickhasen appeared on the @ConstitutionCtr podcast ‘We The People’ to discuss three election law cases and their… https://t.co/D8BCXEaRPB@AmLawInstJun 27
- . @michelebgoodwin gave the keynote speech at @ACLU_SoCal 2022 Advocates For Justice awards, which honors firms and… https://t.co/n7bn91aQBW@AmLawInstJun 22
- Speaker videos from the 2022 Annual Meeting are now available: https://t.co/BaPpLNzcOohttps://t.co/4v5XxJLv6g@AmLawInstJun 16
- Kermit Roosevelt III @pennlaw has authored ‘The Nation That Never Was, Reconstructing America’s Story,’ discussing… https://t.co/bIPyOHyOgc@AmLawInstJun 16
- . @POTUS has nominated Roopali H. Desai @CBLawyersAZ to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.… https://t.co/EKPaxD4JqH@AmLawInstJun 15