Judicial Symposium on Civil Justice Issues
The Judicial Symposium on Civil Justice Issues is an annual event held by the Law and Economics Center at George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School. The symposium addresses the rapid changes in civil justice at the state and federal level though legislative and judicial actions.
The Fifteenth Annual Judicial Symposium on Civil Justice addressed a variety of topics, including liability for businesses through a public health crisis, third party litigation, and state efforts to enact data privacy protections. Legal and economic experts debated the various topics with input from the participating judges. ALI members that participated are listed below.
- Christopher Edward Appel of Shook, Hardy & Bacon
- Lynne A. Battaglia of Court of Appeals of Maryland
- Mark A. Behrens of Shook, Hardy & Bacon
- Bernice Bouie Donald of U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Brian T. Fitzpatrick of Vanderbilt University Law School
- Philip S. Goldberg of Shook, Hardy & Bacon
- Renee Knake Jefferson of University of Houston Law Center
- Alan S. Kaplinsky of Ballard Spahr
- Donald J. Kochan of George Mason University Antonin Scalia Law School
- Peter B. Rutledge of University of Georgia School of Law
- Victor E. Schwartz of Shook, Hardy & Bacon
- Catherine M. Sharkey of New York University School of Law
- David N. Wecht of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania
Learn more about the conference here.
- . @lsudeall will join the faculty of @vanderbiltlaw in summer 2023. https://t.co/a2Kd8V7VGAhttps://t.co/Bg3RvrCBAChttps://t.co/llTxEK8yOq@AmLawInstJan 30
- David Marcus @UCLA_Law and Lauren Sudeall @GeorgiaStateLaw have been selected as Associate Reporters for Principles… https://t.co/giHnHf5Odn@AmLawInstJan 27
- Robert B. Ahdieh @TAMULawSchool has been named Vice President for Professional Schools and Programs at @TAMU.… https://t.co/MUXFFYxdVV@AmLawInstJan 26
- Michael S. Ariens @StMarys_Law has authored ‘The Lawyer's Conscience, A History of American Lawyer Ethics,’ a book… https://t.co/lYmso9MbDj@AmLawInstJan 25
- New on #ReasonablySpeaking: ALI President David F. Levi sits down with M. Margaret McKeown @US9thCircuit for a disc… https://t.co/alPdqw3KpL@AmLawInstJan 24