Chief Justice Roberts Discusses Recent SCOTUS Appointment and Other Courtroom Topics
John G. Roberts Jr., Chief Justice of the United States sat down in conversation with Robert A. Stein of University of Minnesota Law School to discuss the recent appointment of the Associate Justice Brett M. Kavanaugh and to provide assurance that the Court will continue to serve the greater interests of the nation.
“Our role is very clear: We are to interpret the Constitution and laws of the United States, and to ensure that the political branches act within them,” Chief Justice Roberts said. “That job obviously requires independence from the political branches. The story of the Supreme Court would be very different without that sort of independence.”
The interview continued with Chief Justice Roberts answering questions from students on a number of other subjects, including cameras in the courtroom, his female colleagues, and having a new member of the court.
Read more here.
- American Indian Law Restatement Reporter Matthew LM Fletcher of @MSULaw@ILPCTurtleTalk featured on @acslaw Foundin… https://t.co/mDtmrPA7KJ@AmLawInstSep 17
- Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar @CaSupremeCourt has been named the 10th president of @CarnegieEndow, effective November… https://t.co/h3DS2aUwVc@AmLawInstSep 17
- The summer edition of The ALI Reporter features a Q&A with ALI member Richard G. Feder, highlighting his career and… https://t.co/OYyCQOfBtl@AmLawInstSep 16
- . @UChicagoLaw will host ‘Non-Binding International Agreements: A Comparative Assessment’ on Sept. 23 with… https://t.co/GUDfxwa3gc@AmLawInstSep 15
- 'Requiring Majority Winners for Congressional Elections: Harnessing Federalism to Combat Extremism,' read more on t… https://t.co/Alpsvpu2n1@AmLawInstSep 14