Holly Fujie Honored by JABA
On August 28, the Japanese American Bar Association (“JABA”) held its Third Annual Judges’ Night Reception. Holly Fujie of the Los Angeles County Superior Court was among the three judges honored at the event. Judge Fujie was the first Asian American to serve as president of the State Bar of California in 2008-2009. She is currently chair of the California State Bar’s Council on Access and Fairness and chair of the Los Angeles Superior Court’s Community Outreach Committee. Judge Fujie also serves on Gov. Gavin Newsom’s Judicial Selection Advisory Committee for Los Angeles County.
The honorees were introduced by Judge Joann Motoike, the Supervising Judge of the Orange County Superior Court Juvenile Court, and recently retired Judge Scott Gordon.
Read more about the event and honorees here.
- American Indian Law Restatement Reporter Matthew LM Fletcher of @MSULaw@ILPCTurtleTalk featured on @acslaw Foundin… https://t.co/mDtmrPA7KJ@AmLawInstSep 17
- Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar @CaSupremeCourt has been named the 10th president of @CarnegieEndow, effective November… https://t.co/h3DS2aUwVc@AmLawInstSep 17
- The summer edition of The ALI Reporter features a Q&A with ALI member Richard G. Feder, highlighting his career and… https://t.co/OYyCQOfBtl@AmLawInstSep 16
- . @UChicagoLaw will host ‘Non-Binding International Agreements: A Comparative Assessment’ on Sept. 23 with… https://t.co/GUDfxwa3gc@AmLawInstSep 15
- 'Requiring Majority Winners for Congressional Elections: Harnessing Federalism to Combat Extremism,' read more on t… https://t.co/Alpsvpu2n1@AmLawInstSep 14