Hall of Fame: Michael A. Kahn
Senior counsel Michael A. Kahn of Crowell & Moring LLP has been named this year's Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame inductee. The award, presented by the Litigation Section of the California State Bar, is presented to an individual who has excelled as a trial lawyer, and whose career exemplifies the highest of values and professional attainment. A ceremony celebrating his honor will take place will take place on November 14, 2015.
Mr. Kahn has had a distinguished forty-year career representing corporations and individuals in hundreds of complex and high profile cases, including the landmark cases PeopleSoft v. Oracle, U.S. v. Stringfellow, and City of Atascadero v. Merrill Lynch. He was appointed by the California Supreme Court to represent the defendants in a landmark search and seizure case and a death penalty case.
"In his 40-year career as a trial attorney, Mike has handled thousands of cases with a nearly perfect track record," said Angela B. Styles, chair of Crowell & Moring. "Many of his landmark litigation victories changed the business landscape of California and the country. Mike is an advocate for justice within the California legal community and we are proud that The State Bar of California has recognized him with this prestigious honor."
Mr. Kahn is co-chair of the Institute’s 1991 Life Member Class Committee, and currently serves as a Members Consultative Group participant for the Principles of the Law, Data Privacy project. The next project meeting is scheduled for December 17.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3