Hall of Fame: Michael A. Kahn
Senior counsel Michael A. Kahn of Crowell & Moring LLP has been named this year's Trial Lawyer Hall of Fame inductee. The award, presented by the Litigation Section of the California State Bar, is presented to an individual who has excelled as a trial lawyer, and whose career exemplifies the highest of values and professional attainment. A ceremony celebrating his honor will take place will take place on November 14, 2015.
Mr. Kahn has had a distinguished forty-year career representing corporations and individuals in hundreds of complex and high profile cases, including the landmark cases PeopleSoft v. Oracle, U.S. v. Stringfellow, and City of Atascadero v. Merrill Lynch. He was appointed by the California Supreme Court to represent the defendants in a landmark search and seizure case and a death penalty case.
"In his 40-year career as a trial attorney, Mike has handled thousands of cases with a nearly perfect track record," said Angela B. Styles, chair of Crowell & Moring. "Many of his landmark litigation victories changed the business landscape of California and the country. Mike is an advocate for justice within the California legal community and we are proud that The State Bar of California has recognized him with this prestigious honor."
Mr. Kahn is co-chair of the Institute’s 1991 Life Member Class Committee, and currently serves as a Members Consultative Group participant for the Principles of the Law, Data Privacy project. The next project meeting is scheduled for December 17.
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21
- . @IntlWomenJudges received the 2023 Bolch Prize for the Rule of Law from @BolchJudicial. A number of ALI members sp… https://t.co/XSlJSOqsxR@AmLawInstMar 20
- Walter A. Effross @AUWCL has authored ‘Keeping Your Own Counsel,’ a book for law school students on how to navigate… https://t.co/gCOjjxg248@AmLawInstMar 17