ALI CLE Program: Ethics in International Arbitration and the Restatement
In 2019, The American Law Institute completed and approved Restatement of the Law, The U.S. Law of International Commercial and Investor-State Arbitration, a 19-year project in the making and the first of its kind. The Restatement identifies the role of the national courts over the life cycle of an arbitration proceeding, as well as the specific principles governing U.S. court involvement in investor-state arbitration.
A new ethics course featuring Restatement Reporters George Bermann, Jack J. Coe Jr., Christopher R. Drahozal, and Catherine A. Rogers is being offered through ALI CLE.
The course focuses on ethics issues addressed in the Restatement, including arbitrator immunity, counsel conduct and arbitrator authority to disqualify, arbitrator procedural power and attorney-client privilege, and ethics and public policy.
When: Friday, February 19, Noon ET
Register now with coupon code INTLARB and receive 50 percent off. This program will be available on-demand at a later date.
ALI members enjoy complimentary access to a vast database of ALI CLE courses through the LawPass portal. Members should first sign in to this website and click on “CLE FOR MEMBERS” on the ALI.org Members page.
- Following her retirement from the @uscourts, U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, Margaret B Sey… https://t.co/FfZHzQAeyN@AmLawInstSep 22
- M. Margaret McKeown @US9thCircuit has authored ‘Citizen Justice: The Environmental Legacy of William O. Douglas—Pub… https://t.co/t4acdyDSnY@AmLawInstSep 21
- Deborah Archer, Wenona T. Singel, and Shoba Wadhia participated in the @acslaw annual Surpeme Court Preview on the… https://t.co/1FpxkPJmNA@AmLawInstSep 20
- Happening tomorrow, @MasonLEC webinar on the Supreme Court's 2022-23 term with ALI Council member John H. Beisner… https://t.co/D4f4CahxIT@AmLawInstSep 15
- Now available: "Ownership Concentration: Lessons from Natural Resources," on The ALI Adviser.… https://t.co/XbEOaSsfdT@AmLawInstSep 14