ALI CLE Program: Ethics in International Arbitration and the Restatement
In 2019, The American Law Institute completed and approved Restatement of the Law, The U.S. Law of International Commercial and Investor-State Arbitration, a 19-year project in the making and the first of its kind. The Restatement identifies the role of the national courts over the life cycle of an arbitration proceeding, as well as the specific principles governing U.S. court involvement in investor-state arbitration.
A new ethics course featuring Restatement Reporters George Bermann, Jack J. Coe Jr., Christopher R. Drahozal, and Catherine A. Rogers is being offered through ALI CLE.
The course focuses on ethics issues addressed in the Restatement, including arbitrator immunity, counsel conduct and arbitrator authority to disqualify, arbitrator procedural power and attorney-client privilege, and ethics and public policy.
When: Friday, February 19, Noon ET
Register now with coupon code INTLARB and receive 50 percent off. This program will be available on-demand at a later date.
ALI members enjoy complimentary access to a vast database of ALI CLE courses through the LawPass portal. Members should first sign in to this website and click on “CLE FOR MEMBERS” on the ALI.org Members page.
- ALI Director Richard L. Revesz tops the list of most cited tenured law faculty in the U.S. in the areas of administ… https://t.co/s7MxPBvNcQ@AmLawInstNov 24
- Last week marked the end of our fall project meeting season, with 8 Restatement and Principles project meetings and… https://t.co/kwI93vNC0a@AmLawInstNov 23
- ALI President David F. Levi has announced his retirement from director of @BolchJudicial at Duke Law School, effect… https://t.co/k8oAq4PggF@AmLawInstNov 23
- Most lawyers remember the Restatements of Contracts from law school but do not realize the depth of the body of wor… https://t.co/qVHM0edQPt@AmLawInstNov 22
- Today's project meeting on Restatement Third of Conflict of Laws is underway. W/ Reporter Kermit Roosevelt @PennLaw… https://t.co/mzGK4rkrUt@AmLawInstNov 19