ALI CLE Program: Ethics in International Arbitration and the Restatement
In 2019, The American Law Institute completed and approved Restatement of the Law, The U.S. Law of International Commercial and Investor-State Arbitration, a 19-year project in the making and the first of its kind. The Restatement identifies the role of the national courts over the life cycle of an arbitration proceeding, as well as the specific principles governing U.S. court involvement in investor-state arbitration.
A new ethics course featuring Restatement Reporters George Bermann, Jack J. Coe Jr., Christopher R. Drahozal, and Catherine A. Rogers is being offered through ALI CLE.
The course focuses on ethics issues addressed in the Restatement, including arbitrator immunity, counsel conduct and arbitrator authority to disqualify, arbitrator procedural power and attorney-client privilege, and ethics and public policy.
When: Friday, February 19, Noon ET
Register now with coupon code INTLARB and receive 50 percent off. This program will be available on-demand at a later date.
ALI members enjoy complimentary access to a vast database of ALI CLE courses through the LawPass portal. Members should first sign in to this website and click on “CLE FOR MEMBERS” on the ALI.org Members page.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3