ALI CLE Program: Ethics in International Arbitration and the Restatement
In 2019, The American Law Institute completed and approved Restatement of the Law, The U.S. Law of International Commercial and Investor-State Arbitration, a 19-year project in the making and the first of its kind. The Restatement identifies the role of the national courts over the life cycle of an arbitration proceeding, as well as the specific principles governing U.S. court involvement in investor-state arbitration.
A new ethics course featuring Restatement Reporters George Bermann, Jack J. Coe Jr., Christopher R. Drahozal, and Catherine A. Rogers is being offered through ALI CLE.
The course focuses on ethics issues addressed in the Restatement, including arbitrator immunity, counsel conduct and arbitrator authority to disqualify, arbitrator procedural power and attorney-client privilege, and ethics and public policy.
Course: Ethics in International Arbitration: The ALI Restatement of the U.S. Law of International Commercial and Investor-State Arbitration
When: Friday, February 19, Noon ET
Register now with coupon code INTLARB and receive 50 percent off. This program will be available on-demand at a later date.
ALI members enjoy complimentary access to a vast database of ALI CLE courses through the LawPass portal. Members should first sign in to this website and click on “CLE FOR MEMBERS” on the ALI.org Members page.
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21
- . @IntlWomenJudges received the 2023 Bolch Prize for the Rule of Law from @BolchJudicial. A number of ALI members sp… https://t.co/XSlJSOqsxR@AmLawInstMar 20
- Walter A. Effross @AUWCL has authored ‘Keeping Your Own Counsel,’ a book for law school students on how to navigate… https://t.co/gCOjjxg248@AmLawInstMar 17