Christine Durham to Speak at Westminster College’s Commencement
Former Utah Supreme Court Judge Christine M. Dunham will address Westminster College’s 2018 graduating class. Judge Durham became the first woman on the Utah Supreme Court in 1982, serving as chief justice from 2002 to 2012, and chair of the Utah Judicial Council. The ceremony will take place on May 12.
“Christine Durham is an inspirational leader and trailblazer, and we are very pleased to host her as our 2018 commencement speaker,” said Westminster president Stephen Morgan. “Her dedication to gender equality, diversity and inclusion are all core values of a Westminster education. We look forward to her sharing her experiences and advice with our graduates.”
Read the full Westminster College announcement.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3