The Benefits of Joining a Bar Association
The AmLaw Litigation Daily featured two ALI members, Council member David W. Rivkin and member Donald F. Donovan, both of Debevoise & Plimpton LLP, in the article “Tired? Busy? Hate Going to Meetings? These Debevoise Lawyers Show Why You Should Join a Bar Association Anyway.”
They, along with their Debevoise colleague Deborah Enix-Ross, describe why service on a committee or with an association is important.
“’It allows you to think about broader issues,’ said Mr. Rivkin, who is co-chair of
Debevoise’s international arbitration group and president of the International Bar Association. ‘It’s an opportunity to have a real impact.’”
“’It’s an opportunity to meet people who are engaged in a thing you care about,’ said Mr. Donovan, who is also a leader of the new business integrity practice and co-chair of Debevoise’s international arbitration group.”
Read the full article [subscription required].
- American Indian Law Restatement Reporter Matthew LM Fletcher of @MSULaw@ILPCTurtleTalk featured on @acslaw Foundin… https://t.co/mDtmrPA7KJ@AmLawInstSep 17
- Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar @CaSupremeCourt has been named the 10th president of @CarnegieEndow, effective November… https://t.co/h3DS2aUwVc@AmLawInstSep 17
- The summer edition of The ALI Reporter features a Q&A with ALI member Richard G. Feder, highlighting his career and… https://t.co/OYyCQOfBtl@AmLawInstSep 16
- . @UChicagoLaw will host ‘Non-Binding International Agreements: A Comparative Assessment’ on Sept. 23 with… https://t.co/GUDfxwa3gc@AmLawInstSep 15
- 'Requiring Majority Winners for Congressional Elections: Harnessing Federalism to Combat Extremism,' read more on t… https://t.co/Alpsvpu2n1@AmLawInstSep 14