Anthony Johnstone Nominated to Ninth Circuit Court
President Biden has announced the nomination of Anthony Johnstone of University of Montana, Alexander Blewett III School of Law to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
From the White House press release:
Anthony Johnstone is the Helen & David Mason Professor of Law and an affiliated professor of public administration at the University of Montana’s Blewett School of Law, where he has taught since 2011. Mr. Johnstone has also worked as a solo practitioner at Johnstone PLLC since 2015. He previously served as the Solicitor for the State of Montana from 2008 to 2011. From 2004 to 2008, Mr. Johnstone served as an Assistant Attorney General at the Montana Department of Justice. From 2000 to 2003, he was a litigation associate at Cravath, Swaine, and Moore LLP in New York. He served as a law clerk for Judge Sidney R. Thomas on the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit in Montana from 1999 to 2000. Mr. Johnstone received his J.D., with honors, from the University of Chicago in 1999 and his B.A. from Yale University in 1995.
- Robert H. Mundheim @ShearmanLaw received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Arizona James E.… https://t.co/YkNyeG5DNC@AmLawInstJun 13
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30