2018 Annual Meeting Videos
This year's Annual Meeting videos are now available. View the remarks of the following the 95th Annual Meeting speakers:
John G. Roberts, Jr., Chief Justice of the United States, presents the Henry J. Friendly Medal to Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.
ALI President David F. Levi talks to U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Elena Kagan and Paul D. Clement of Kirkland & Ellis about their time as U.S. Solicitor General.
David M. Rubenstein, Co-Founder and Co-CEO of The Carlyle Group, addresses Annual Dinner guests.
Colleen V. Chien discusses her scholarship on domestic and international patent law and her work on criminal justice reform.
1993 Class Committee Chair Larry S. Stewart and committee members Charles J. Cooper, Joan Sidney Howland, and David W. Ichel present the 1993 Class Gift.
Elizabeth J. Cabraser addresses members during the luncheon honoring the New Life 25-Year and 50-Year Members.
ABA President Hilarie Bass discusses the future of legal education, diversity in the profession, availability of legal services for all, and public confidence in the justice system.
The Path of Education Reform: Law, Politics, and Public Policy
California Supreme Court Justice Goodwin Liu moderates a panel discussion with Theodore J. Boutrous Jr., John B. King Jr., and Nina Rees. Topics include race, language, economic means, charter and private schools, and more.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3