Tom Leatherbury to Lead First Amendment Clinic
Thomas S. Leatherbury of Vinson & Elkins has been selected as director for the new Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law First Amendment Clinic, which will launch in the fall of 2020. The clinic will focus on First Amendment issues including free speech, freedom of the press, and freedom of assembly and petition.
“I am excited to announce that we have already secured an outstanding director, Tom Leatherbury, one of the most highly regarded First Amendment experts in the country. Tom will join the faculty as an adjunct professor in order to direct the clinic. We are so pleased our students will have the opportunity to work with such a gifted and experienced litigator,” said SMU Dedman School of Law Dean Jennifer Collins.
In addition to Mr. Leatherbury’s work as director, the Clinic will also receive guidance from Professor Dale A. Carpenter of Dedman School of Law who will serve on the advisory committee.
Read more here.
- Christopher Slobogin @VanderbiltLaw was recently interviewed on @lawfarepodcast to discuss his recently published b… https://t.co/ZrVpOLnSBe@AmLawInstFeb 3
- . @lsudeall will join the faculty of @vanderbiltlaw in summer 2023. https://t.co/a2Kd8V7VGAhttps://t.co/Bg3RvrCBAChttps://t.co/llTxEK8yOq@AmLawInstJan 30
- David Marcus @UCLA_Law and Lauren Sudeall @GeorgiaStateLaw have been selected as Associate Reporters for Principles… https://t.co/giHnHf5Odn@AmLawInstJan 27
- Robert B. Ahdieh @TAMULawSchool has been named Vice President for Professional Schools and Programs at @TAMU.… https://t.co/MUXFFYxdVV@AmLawInstJan 26
- Michael S. Ariens @StMarys_Law has authored ‘The Lawyer's Conscience, A History of American Lawyer Ethics,’ a book… https://t.co/lYmso9MbDj@AmLawInstJan 25