Jane Stapleton Elected to British Academy
Pictured above, clockwise from top left: Guido Calabresi, Jane Ginsburg, Richard Helmholz, Jane Stapleton, Richard Posner, and John Langbein
ALI Council member Jane Stapleton, Research Professor of Law at Australian National University College of Law, and Ernest E. Smith Professor of Law at The University of Texas, has been elected as a Corresponding Fellow of the British Academy. The British Academy includes more than 900 scholars elected for their merit in the humanities and social sciences. Each year, the Academy elects up to 42 U.K.-based scholars as well as international members elected as Corresponding Fellows and Honorary Fellows.
Professor Stapleton joins five ALI members previously elected to the Academy:
- Professor John Langbein, Sterling Professor of Law and Legal History at Yale Law School. Professor Langbein served as Associate Reporter on Restatement of the Law Third, Property (Wills and Other Donative Transfers).
- Jane Ginsburg, Morton L Janklow Professor of Literary and Artistic Property Law at Columbia University School of Law, and Adviser on ALI new Restatement of the Law, Copyright
- Judge Guido Calabresi, Senior Judge of the United States Court of Appeals, and Former Dean, and Sterling Professor Emeritus and Professorial Lecturer at Yale University Law School
- Professor Richard Helmholz, Ruth Wyatt Rosenson Distinguished Service Professor of Law at The University of Chicago
- Judge Richard Posner of the U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit (formerly Lee and Brena Freeman Professor of Law, The University of Chicago)
Visit the British Academy's website to view the full election list.
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21
- . @IntlWomenJudges received the 2023 Bolch Prize for the Rule of Law from @BolchJudicial. A number of ALI members sp… https://t.co/XSlJSOqsxR@AmLawInstMar 20
- Walter A. Effross @AUWCL has authored ‘Keeping Your Own Counsel,’ a book for law school students on how to navigate… https://t.co/gCOjjxg248@AmLawInstMar 17