RBG: A Special Friend to The ABA
After the passing of U.S. Supreme Court Assoicate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the ABA released a video featuring the 10 women who have served as ABA president speaking about what Ruth Bader Ginsburg meant to them.
“Justice Ginsburg may be the most extraordinary person I’ve ever met,” said former ALI president Roberta Cooper Ramo of Modrall Sterling (ABA President 1995-96). “Without her, really, I’m not sure that women in the United States would be where we are today.”
Other ALI members who were featured in the video include:
Martha W. Barnett, Holland & Knight
Hilarie Bass, Bass Institute for Diversity and Inclusion
Linda A. Klein, Baker, Donelson
Carolyn B. Lamm, White & Case
Judy Perry Martinez, Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn (Current ABA President)
Patricia Lee Refo, Snell & Wilmer
Learn more and watch the full video here.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3