President Plans to Nominate Heath P. Tarbert for Treasury Position
President Donald Trump announced his intent to nominate Heath P. Tarbert of Allen & Overy LLP to the Department of Treasury. If Mr. Tarbert is confirmed he will serve as Assistant Secretary of the Treasury, International Markets and Development.
Mr. Tarbert is a leading attorney in the financial services field with over 15 years of experience. Mr. Tarbert is a partner in the global law firm Allen & Overy LLP. He previously served in all three branches of the Federal Government, including as Special Counsel to the Senate Banking Committee, as Associate Counsel to President George W. Bush, and as law clerk to U.S. Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. Mr. Tarbert’s policy work includes serving as Senior Fellow at the Harvard Law School Program on International Financial Systems.
Read the White House press release.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3