O’Sullivan Nominated to District Court
President Obama nominated ALI Council Member Kathleen M. O'Sullivan to serve on the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington.
"I am honored to put forward these highly qualified candidates for the federal bench," President Obama said. "They will be distinguished public servants and valuable additions to the United States District Court."
Kathleen O’Sullivan is a partner and co-chair of the appellate practice at Perkins Coie LLP in Seattle, where she represents clients in a wide range of complex litigation in trial and appellate courts across the country. Ms. O’Sullivan is the former Chair of the Washington Commission on Judicial Conduct. She has been active in the Washington State Bar Association and the Federal Bar Associations.
After receiving her law degree from Georgetown University Law Center in 1996, she was a law clerk for Judge Harold Greene on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, and Judge M. Margaret McKeown on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
In addition to serving on ALI’s Council, she is an Adviser on the Restatement of the Law, Charitable Nonprofit Organizations project and a member of the MCG for The Principles of the Law, Election Administration, and Principles of the Law, Government Ethics projects.
She was nominated along with Judge Beth M. Andrus, of the Superior Court Judge for Washington's King County Superior Court, and J. Michael Diaz, the Civil Rights Program Coordinator for the Civil Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the Western District of Washington.
- Congratulations to ALI member Mary J. Davis, who this year became permanent dean of @ukcollegeoflaw, the first woma… https://t.co/7yMkQrzHPF@AmLawInstMay 7
- A feature in @NewYorker highlights @BryanAGarner’s love of and works on the English language. Select works from the… https://t.co/vLq0z4gPeK@AmLawInstMay 6
- ALI Council emeritus Margaret H. Marshall is featured in the first installment of the Achieving Gender Equity serie… https://t.co/EEdPcKIHj1@AmLawInstMay 5
- “Paving the Way” by the late Herma Hill Kay tells the story of the first female law professors in the US. Patricia… https://t.co/JtRx3ywLjW@AmLawInstMay 4
- The @americanacad announced its 2021 elected members, including ALI members @NathanLHecht, @BULawDean, @jim_sandman… https://t.co/9lRKFNb34X@AmLawInstMay 3