O’Sullivan Nominated to District Court
President Obama nominated ALI Council Member Kathleen M. O'Sullivan to serve on the United States District Court for the Western District of Washington.
"I am honored to put forward these highly qualified candidates for the federal bench," President Obama said. "They will be distinguished public servants and valuable additions to the United States District Court."
Kathleen O’Sullivan is a partner and co-chair of the appellate practice at Perkins Coie LLP in Seattle, where she represents clients in a wide range of complex litigation in trial and appellate courts across the country. Ms. O’Sullivan is the former Chair of the Washington Commission on Judicial Conduct. She has been active in the Washington State Bar Association and the Federal Bar Associations.
After receiving her law degree from Georgetown University Law Center in 1996, she was a law clerk for Judge Harold Greene on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, and Judge M. Margaret McKeown on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
In addition to serving on ALI’s Council, she is an Adviser on the Restatement of the Law, Charitable Nonprofit Organizations project and a member of the MCG for The Principles of the Law, Election Administration, and Principles of the Law, Government Ethics projects.
She was nominated along with Judge Beth M. Andrus, of the Superior Court Judge for Washington's King County Superior Court, and J. Michael Diaz, the Civil Rights Program Coordinator for the Civil Division of the United States Attorney's Office for the Western District of Washington.
- Christopher Slobogin @VanderbiltLaw was recently interviewed on @lawfarepodcast to discuss his recently published b… https://t.co/ZrVpOLnSBe@AmLawInstFeb 3
- . @lsudeall will join the faculty of @vanderbiltlaw in summer 2023. https://t.co/a2Kd8V7VGAhttps://t.co/Bg3RvrCBAChttps://t.co/llTxEK8yOq@AmLawInstJan 30
- David Marcus @UCLA_Law and Lauren Sudeall @GeorgiaStateLaw have been selected as Associate Reporters for Principles… https://t.co/giHnHf5Odn@AmLawInstJan 27
- Robert B. Ahdieh @TAMULawSchool has been named Vice President for Professional Schools and Programs at @TAMU.… https://t.co/MUXFFYxdVV@AmLawInstJan 26
- Michael S. Ariens @StMarys_Law has authored ‘The Lawyer's Conscience, A History of American Lawyer Ethics,’ a book… https://t.co/lYmso9MbDj@AmLawInstJan 25