Mark Martin is Founding Dean of HPU School of Law
High Point University has announced that Mark D. Martin will serve as the founding dean of HPU’s School of Law.
“Words cannot adequately express my appreciation to Dr. Qubein for giving me this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” said Martin in the announcement. “I look forward to working with a broad array of extraordinary legal scholars and leaders to build a law school of distinction, one with a national reputation for excellence.”
Martin previously served as chief justice on the North Carolina Supreme Court and as dean and professor of law at Regent University School of Law.
HPU School of Law was announced earlier this spring as a part of HPU’s academic expansion plan. The law school, pending approval by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, is expected to open in 2024.
- M. Margaret McKeown @US9thCircuit received the 2022 @InnsOfCourt Professionalism Award for the Ninth Circuit. The a… https://t.co/mrJerSUIhf@AmLawInstAug 12
- Anita L. Allen @pennlaw and Matthew L.M. Fletcher @UMichLaw have been elected to @AmPhilSociety.… https://t.co/jGIDsNAwCe@AmLawInstAug 11
- . @uarizonalaw has created the Robert H. Mundheim Professorship of Law and Business, an endowed professorship to hon… https://t.co/ngP2XZI1B0@AmLawInstAug 10
- Palmer Gene Vance II @skofirm is chair of @ABAhod, the policymaking body of the American Bar Association. He will s… https://t.co/gZGBnyfULs@AmLawInstAug 9
- Paul B. Stephan @pbstephan3 was interviewed for an article in @rollcall where he discussed the constitutionality ar… https://t.co/AEFwGGKWrP@AmLawInstAug 5