Mark Martin is Founding Dean of HPU School of Law
High Point University has announced that Mark D. Martin will serve as the founding dean of HPU’s School of Law.
“Words cannot adequately express my appreciation to Dr. Qubein for giving me this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity,” said Martin in the announcement. “I look forward to working with a broad array of extraordinary legal scholars and leaders to build a law school of distinction, one with a national reputation for excellence.”
Martin previously served as chief justice on the North Carolina Supreme Court and as dean and professor of law at Regent University School of Law.
HPU School of Law was announced earlier this spring as a part of HPU’s academic expansion plan. The law school, pending approval by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, is expected to open in 2024.
- Robert H. Mundheim @ShearmanLaw received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Arizona James E.… https://t.co/YkNyeG5DNC@AmLawInstJun 13
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30